Warrior Cats RPG: A New Generation's
» R U L E S «
By joining Warrior Cats RPG: A New Generation, you agree to all of the below rules and give the Owner , theCo-Owner, any Administrator, or any Moderator the right to ban you if these rules are broken.
»We know its a lengthy list, but if you want to stay as long as possible and enjoy yourself, please read and follow them! Thanks!
»Section 1« Cat Rules
1. Each member is allowed to have as many cats as they please.
Explanation: Umm none? I'm moving this to FAQ because this is more of a statement than a rule
2. Do not roleplay other member's cats.
People get angry. And it causes consistency issue within the rp.
3. Your cat may not be mates with another cat you own.
Explanation: Some people who are new could be closed
4. Kits and apprentices may not have mates and may not mate.
Explanation: They are too young to be able to do either of these things. They can, of course, have crushes x3
5. Please do not create a forbidden love [ex. medicine cat x warrior] without permission from either two Mods, an Admin, the Owner, or Co-Owner.
This is so we can just keep track of things going on? This rule needed to be revised. WarriorxRogue are not against the rules, but HP rank forbidden loves need to be approved because it is against the Warrior Code
6. Roleplaying sexual scenes [mating, pregnancies, etc.] is not allowed. Birthing is allowed, however please refrain from being overly detailed.
Obviously, this is a kid's site. I dont want an adult coming on and getting after me or ban their kid from being on here. Nor do I wanna corrupt no people. This rule will stay regardless.
7. Do not kill other player's cats without permission.
Arguments occur because of this. And every member is in charge of the fate of their own characters
8. Please refrain from God-playing/God-modding. This means that all fights should be fair and all cats are susceptible to illness, etc.
This is kinda self explanatory.If a cat is
9. Only medicine cats and medicine cat apprentices have knowledge of herbs and medicine. Basic herbal knowledge such as of cobwebs are allowed for the average cat.
This is mainly part of the warrior code. If a cat knows an odd herb here or there it's okay, but it's the medicinecats job to know the herbs, otherwise they wouldnt be needed lol
10. StarClan and Dark Forest cats may not be seen in the clans unless special circumstances are present. Both may visit cats, though. In addition, a member who roleplays a clan cat may not roleplay the StarClan or Dark Forest cat that visits him or her.
Well, them forming out of thin air to others is kinda crazy. When a cat dies initially, i dont have a problem with them appearing to a cat before they go up to Starclan or down to Dark Forest. As for the second part, Starclan not being able to visit in dreams, I do not know.
11. Cats may not have powers or fantasy growths [wings, horns, etc.] unless special circumstances are present.
This is because of the fact nothing like that happens in the books... i think, however, we have the PPC in which you can buy some things.
12. Please be as book-realistic as possible. This goes hand-in-hand with hunting, abilities, names, etc.
We don't want chaos
13. Cats may not have contact with StarClan or the Dark Forest until they are apprentices and have permission to by a staff member.
When they are kits, it is too early for them to begin training because their bodies are too weak to handle the intensity of the Dark Forest. The second part of it is outdated. You don't need permission to have your cat be trained by the Dark Forest.
14. Warrior names and mentors will be assigned and chosen by the Leader of the Clan, however, the member has the final say in any case; For example, if the the Leader names a warrior "Ravenclaw", the member has the right to change it to "Ravenwhisp" if they truly wish.
Mentors will be chosen by the leaders of the clean because that is how it is in the books.
15. Ceremonies can be done by either the leader or the deputy of a clan.
This is how it is done in the books.
16. Queens may not have more than 6 kits per litter with the exception of adopted kits.
Cats in real life can have up to 8 kits per litter, but because this is the wild and certain things can be factored into the queen's birthing, we'll just keep it to a max of 6.
17. Cats roleplayed are not and can not related in any way to cats within Erin Hunter's series.
Even if this is a small site and they are a big deal. We could get into legal trouble.
18. Leaders pick Deputies and Medicine Cats pick their apprentices based on the activity of the cat being rped. If there is no Leader and Deputy, then the staff will pick a leader. Staff will be watching rps as well as leaders. The same applies to Medicine Cats. Positions should be selected because of experience in roleplay, not through a sign-up. Staff have to approve of the cat before they can be instated.[Excluding the no leader/deputy situation].
This is because, back whenever there were sign ups, people who were signing up for the position ended up being very inactive in their position. A clan needs active leaders to thrive
19. Please consider the following setup when roleplaying:
PREFERRED: "Hello!" She mewed excitedly, flicking her tail.
OTHER: Hello! *She mewed excitedly, flicking her tail*
*Hello!* She mewed excitedly, flicking her tail.
This way we don't cause confusion between all of the other people roleplaying. 2nd person can be hard to follow and 1st person can be confusing unless told that someone is rping in 1st person.
20. BloodClan and The Gangs may only invade the clans when special circumstances are present. [i.e. A plot or prophecy, or permission is given by an Admin or higher up.]
Invasions can get very out of hand and happen to frequent.
21. Border disputes, animal attacks, etc. are allowed to be roleplayed without permission. However, please limit them.
This is because if we had them all the time then there would be much chaos in the clan. It is preferred that border disputes happen whenever there are obvious tensions between two clans
22. Cats are allowed to be reincarnated, however, the reincarnation cannot involve a cat who has broken clan rules, as well as the member roleplaying must not have broken any site rules. You also cannot reincarnate one cat an unnecessarily large amount of times.
This is because if a cat is reincarnated that has broken rules before it is very likely they will do so again. And it is preferred we do not reward those who broke rules withletting them reincarnate the cat the broke the rules. As for the second part I dont know
»Section 2« Out Of Character Rules
1. Do not use profanity, in roleplay or in OOC chat. However, acceptable words include darn, shoot, crap, etc.
This is so that we can make the site child friendly for each individual. We once had an 8 year old join and prefer not to have the young ones around so much profanity
2. Do not use any sexual language.
This is a kid-friendly site
3. Respect all members.
This should be common sense. But everyone should respect everyone. We're all members here of equal status
4. Do not spam chat boxes, profiles, and inboxes.
This could make it hard to follow the chatboxes.
5. Do not discuss inappropriate or mature topics. This includes things such as sex, illegal activities, politics, and religion.
This could cause arguments that get entirely too out of hand
6. Do not pick fights.
It causes the OOC to get really tense and people may not want to come on
7. Do not post links that lead to other roleplaying websites.
8. Please keep personal matters out of chat.
9. No rich text [i.e. bold, underline, italic, color, scrolling, size-change]
This is not a rule. It was supposed to have been deleted because Goldy only has a problem with scroll and big text
10. The speaking of, mentioning of, and/or discussion of sensitive topics that may otherwise trigger sensitive or bad memories/actions of other members is strictly forbidden. This rule includes topics like suicide, depression, cutting, etc. This rule goes hand-in-hand with rule 8 and parts of rule 7.
This could cause members to be triggered as well. Many come to the site to escape their triggers outside of the site world. And bringing that into OOC could trigger them and even make them hesitant to come on
»Section 3« General Rules
1. Please be active at least once a week. If you have a High Position, you must be active every two weeks
The High Position is mandatory because without active HPs, things crumble and clans get too inactive
2. All art uploaded to the site must be credited with the exception of original artwork.
This is so we do not get in trouble with the artists. If work is not credited and asked to be used, the site owner could be held responsible and sued.
3. Do not advertise a website on any page other than the advertising page.
4. Listen and respect the staff.
5. Bullying is strictly not allowed.
We all want to create a friendly environment
6. Do not give out your personal information. Hacking or impersonating another member is strictly not allowed. If you post images of yourself, then they will be deleted upon discovery.
The site goal is to try and make everything as safe as possible.
7. Please do not use gifs as profile pictures.
Gifs take up bandwidth storage, and in turn, causes us to have to create backup sites to use for a few days in order to clear the storage for each month. Like we did back in the day on the 25th of every month.
8. If, for any reason, you decide to leave the website, stating that you are 'quitting' while leaving your account open, the account will be terminated. You are free to make another account, however you must be active at least once a week.
This is to keep our member's section uncluttered
9. Please remember not all rules are written down, unwritten rules are still rules
»The 'Unwritten' Rules«
13. High Positions must check in at least every two weeks here.
This is to ensure that we have active High Positions
14. We ask you to please not be a 'Position Hog' and try to limit yourself to only having a maximum of two High Positions. We would like our other members to have the chance to have one too! Thanks.
This is so other people have a chance to get high positions as well
15 . If your cat has formerly been a high position, they cannot sign up for another one (e.g former deputy cannot sign up for deputy again or medicine cat apprentice, etc). UNLESS it was not booted for rule breaking. It will affect them even if they join the gangs or another clan. In other words, a cat will only be able to have one high position in their life, unless spoken with an administrator for a logical reason.
This is so others can have a chance at HPs. Also, say... and I'm just pulling a name out of thin air here, let's say Furyheart was a Medicine Cat who got booted for a forbidden love. They could then not try out for Deputy because they had broken the Warrior Code.
By joining Warrior Cats RPG: A New Generation, you agree to all of the above rules and give Leafheart12, any Administrator, or any Moderator the right to ban you if these rules are broken.
The Warrior code is a list of fifteen different rules that should be followed by all Clan cats. It is taught from the first means of kithood to when an elder is faced with death. It is said that, as long as the Clans follow the warrior code, no harm shall come to them.
1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
3. Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires, or is exiled.
9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before Moonhigh.
10. A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There will be no fighting between the Clans at this time.
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
13. The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
1. Cats on their way to the Moonpool are allowed to cross other Clans' territories to get to their destination.
2. At the lake, cats may travel on other Clans' grounds as long as they are within two fox-lengths of the lake; for instance, to go to a Gathering.
3. Cats may travel on another Clans' territory if they have something to report or ask for help.
1. Medicine cats cannot have mates or kits unless asking permission from an administrator.
2. Kits must stay in camp until they are apprenticed, and are not allowed to hunt.
3. The safety of the Clan is more important than the safety of one cat.
4. Clans must not unite together to drive out another Clan.
5. Clans must not force another Clan to share territory.
6. Enemy patrols must not attack cats if they are on a mission all four Clans agree on.
T H E M E D I C I N E
C A T C O D E